[pptp-server] Shouldn't I be able to see WIndows servers inNetwork Neighborhood?

Jeff Wiegley, Ph.D. jeff at inetb.com
Tue Jan 8 19:48:15 CST 2002

How does one configuration a "trust" relationship between the
two domains?

I have never heard of this.

So the summary of your argument is:
   Only the first WINS server if more than one are know is
   queries for WINS resolution attempts.

   Only Windows NT clients or later clients can
   browse an SMB share by ip address specification such as
   \\192.168.0.2.
   To which I say... Is Windows Me later than WinNT?
   It works on my Windows ME box to a samba server.
   (different network than what I am on.) In fact all the
   machines I am attempting this on are Windows 98SE or later
   which was released after WinNT.

I can accept the first argument but the second doesn't make sense
since All machines in question are post-WinNT. Therefore \\192.168.0.2
should work and should avoid the complications of the first argument.

If the first argument is accurate I can work around it through
scripts that attach the necessary drives by specifying \\192.168.0.2
type destinations.

- Jeff