[pptp-server] PPTP, and windows PDCs

Cowles, Steve Steve at SteveCowles.com
Fri Jan 18 10:36:52 CST 2002

The above addresses authenticating the MS Networking component of a Windows
based workstation to a PDC (when you don't have a WINS server), not
authenticating the PPTP tunnel itself. Which I believe is what the original
poster was asking. i.e. Using your example, before ip address 192.168.1.5
can be contacted by the remote PPTP client, it must first bring up the PPTP
tunnel, which also must be authenticated. (chap-secrets)

Steve Cowles