[pptp-server] PPTPD Problems

lists at earthling.2y.net lists at earthling.2y.net
Sun Jan 27 20:39:41 CST 2002

> You should set Localip to a single IP address, which should match the LAN
> address of your server. Make sure that proxyarp is set in your pppd
> options.
Uhh... No.  This is not a good idea, it will confuse many many
applications, not to mention just about every routing daemon out there,
and freeswan.  I could probilly take a look into the code, but I'm willing
to bet that for proxyarp, it only cares about the remote endpoint IP
address being in the subnet of one of the network cards.

Potentially, you could set the localip to just about any ip, or the same
ip for all the interfaces, but things will still get confused, and
freeswan will wine.  Its best, just so your system dosent get confused to
use seperate addies for every endpoint.

--
Justin Kreger, MCP MCSE CCNA
jkreger at earthling.2y.net jwkreger at uncg.edu justin at wss.net