[pptp-server] PPTPD Problems

lists at earthling.2y.net lists at earthling.2y.net
Mon Jan 28 08:42:44 CST 2002

> Huh! Care to elaborate on which applications/routing daemons get confused. I
> haven't seen any problems at my end and I run PoPToP and IPSEC configured
> the way Charlie mentioned. At least I have not seen or heard of any
> wining!!!

What do you think an application that uses ip interfaces would do if all
of a sudden, it had two interfaces with the same address, or three
addresses, or four addresses.  I have seen freeswan complain about
duplicate ip addresses, I'm pritty sure that the duplicate addresses would
freak zebra out a bit more than it allready freaks when it is looking at
network interfaces that it cannot understand, but sees that their is a
duplicate address.  Poptop will run without problems, ppp will work, but
using the addresses that way can cause confusion.  The idea is to keep it
simple, by seting localip to your lan ip, I would hate to think how ip
connection tracking would react on a Linux 2.4 box.

--
Justin Kreger, MCP MCSE CCNA
jkreger at earthling.2y.net jwkreger at uncg.edu justin at wss.net