[pptp-server] PPTPD Problems

Charlie Brady charlieb at e-smith.com
Mon Jan 28 09:52:56 CST 2002

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002 osiris at urbanna.net wrote:

> I think he just didn't write what he meant.  He likely means that the IP
> address should be set to be in the same subnet as the RAS....

No, I meant what I wrote. The IP address of the local server end of a PPTP
tunnel can be the same as the LAN IP address of that server (and it may as
well be).

Any application that assumes that an IP address is unique to a single
interface is buggy - and I haven't seen those problems anyway.

Charlie Brady                         charlieb at e-smith.com
Lead Product Developer
Network Server Solutions Group        http://www.e-smith.com/
Mitel Networks Corporation            http://www.mitel.com/
Phone: +1 (613) 368 4376 or 564 8000  Fax: +1 (613) 564 7739