[pptp-server] MPPE refused by pppd even when enabled?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith at benshaw.com
Mon Jan 28 10:50:07 CST 2002

> Hence they are requesting 40bit stateless encryption, with MPPC, and also
> setting the obsolete D bit in the request.
>
> They are also requesting lzs compression, which pppd doesn't do.

Thank you for that very detailled explanation!  Where is this good stuff kept?

I am updating DUN on the win98 client to see if I can't get rid of the D bit;
turning off compression got rid of the lzs message but as you said, pppd is
correctly turning away the connection because Win98 wants whatever the D
option is.

Thanks again, I love getting responses like this!

Regards,
Andrew