[pptp-server] PPTPD Problems

osiris at urbanna.net osiris at urbanna.net
Mon Jan 28 11:30:01 CST 2002

Charlie;

Ok, I completely *mis*understood which end of the tunnel you were
discussing.  Sorry for the mistake.  I run MPPP at one of my remote
sites to channel bond three dialups and I also ran Linux EQL
( http:\\osiris.urbanna.net ) until MPPP became mature enough on that
platform to switch to it. Therefore I follow the logic of re-using the
LOCAL PPTPD SERVER's address on that end of the link and see no reason why
the implementors would not have intended it be set up the way you
describe.  That is only supposition upon my part, I have not read the RFC.
It is, however; the way that EQL and MPPP work.

Thanks for taking the time to explain it.

-m-
http://www.urbanna.net/myresume.html