[pptp-server] idle time have problem ?

honor honor at axtronics.com.tw
Wed Jan 30 00:58:54 CST 2002

I see the in and out packets of ppp interface in windows that increment in a while.
Thus pptp server reset the idle time to 0.
so if the "n" is too big ,
the termination for idle is impossible archieved.
right ?

The man page write:

idle n Specifies that pppd should disconnect if the  link
	          is  idle for  n seconds. The link is idle when no
	          data packets (i.e. IP packets) are  being sent  or
	          received.  Note: it  is not advisable to use this
	          option with the persist option without  the  demand
	          option.  If the active-filter option is given, data
	          packets which are rejected by the specified  activ
	          ity filter also count as the link being idle.