[pptp-server] I have a problem with multi user policies

Pierluigi Conti p.conti at praticx.it
Tue Jul 9 09:27:34 CDT 2002

Hello to all the ml.
I'm having a problem with my pptpd server.
I'm using pptpd v 1.0.1 on red hat 7.1 with ppp 2.4 ecnrypted, kernel 2.4.16
encrypted.
So when only one client try to log in and ping some machines it goes, but
when ohter users from the same ip try to get in, the connection goes, but
when he tries to ping some machine it don't work.
I'd like to know if there are some options in pptpd.conf or options of ppp
that allow this...
Or, as I seen in your FAQ, how can I increase this limit?

Here you are my confs:

pptpd.conf:
#PPTPD conf file, presente in /etc
#PPTPD CONFIGURATION
speed    115200
debug
localip  192.168.101.199-220
remoteip 192.168.100.199-220
pidfile  /var/run/pptpd.pid

chap-secrets
#CHAP SECRET, utenti vpn, presente in /etc/ppp
# Secrets for authentication using CHAP
# client        server  secret                  IP addresses
sergio          redhat  password                192.168.100.210

ppp options:
#ppp options, file presente in /etc/ppp
lock
debug