[pptp-server] I have a problem with multi user policies

Christopher Aedo doc at nettech.net
Tue Jul 9 17:05:20 CDT 2002

Pierluigi, seems like you're really close to a working config.  In your
pptpd.conf file, try using these two lines instead of what you currently
have:

localip  192.168.101.199
remoteip 192.168.100.200-220

You might need to have ppp.conf (I believe, I am doing this with bsd,
but I think things should act the same on linux) serve out the matching
addresses as well.  With this setup, your VPN host would listen to
192.168.101.199 for connection requests.  It would give the first client
192.168.100.200 for its IP address, and that client should list
192.168.101.199 as its gateway to the internal network.  The next client
to connect concurrently should get 192.168.100.201, etc.  Good luck!

-Christopher