[pptp-server] PoPToP on Mandrake 8.2

aleksey zakharov aleksey_poptop at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 15 18:18:07 CDT 2002

I have sucessfully set up PPTPD on a RedHat 7.2 system. my setup uses a 128bit encryption with ChapV2 authentication. Also I pathced my PPP so that it uses a /etc/samba/smbpasswd file for user authentication as apposed to /etc/ppp/chapsecrets. The instructions i followed wore documented very well by Jason Marrow, http://jara.cc

Although this setup was targeted to RedHat systems (and it works great on RH) I tried the setup on the Mandrake 8.2 distribution. Unfortunately the setup didn't go as smooth. In particular I had problems with PPP and smbpw-mppe-strpdom-requiremppe.diff patch. After i patched the PPP I wasn't able to make the PPP and thus install it. PPP would not install only if I apply the patch to it. I was wondering if anybody have any suggestions on how to fix this problem under Mandrake 8.2 distribution. Or is the patch only for RH? Thank you very much.

 Regards,
 Aleksey