[pptp-server] Want pptpd server to assign routes to clients when then connect

Hawke hawke.robinson at dev2dev.biz
Thu Jun 6 09:04:51 CDT 2002

I'm already aware of the option in the client side (windows) vpn connection
option to use default route. However, unless I want all their Internet
traffic to run through my vpn server that is not a good option.
Everything works fine in that the vpn client connects, is given an ip, etc.
I want to be able to add (as many as needed) routes to the client upon
connection.
Currently I have to manually type the  add route command from the command
line after the client connects to get the desired results. Sure, I can
script that on the client side, but when there can be scores of different
people connecting that is inefficient to have to distribute and setup this
script for everyone. I want the server to assign the routes in typical ISP
fashion. Since pptp is based on ppp isn't there some simple script I can add
somewhere that will do this?
Any help is most appreciated.
Thanks,
-Art