[pptp-server] newbie question: pptp server chokes after authentication

Issac Goldstand margol at beamartyr.net
Sun Mar 3 15:45:43 CST 2002

Hi all,
  I've got my pptp server authenticating me using CHAP (I'm not using any encryption until I get it working without it).  I'm not sure what it's supposed to be doing beyond that point...  The lient end seems to hang on the authentication, and eventually gives me a "PPP control connection closed".  The server logs, however, show that CHAP authentication succeeded, and they seem to claim that the CLIENT is what timed out!

Help!

  Issac