[pptp-server] Adding support for MS-CHAPv2 and MPPE

Bo Byrd byrdr at corp.earthlink.net
Fri Mar 15 14:33:41 CST 2002

Ok I just installed a stock Mandrake8.1 (2.4.8-26mdk) kernel and
installed the pptpd-inittab-1.0.1-1.i386.rpm package and things are
working fine with CHAP but I'm trying to get MSCHAPv2 and encryption.

So far ive compiled the kernel twice, both times after screwing up I've
just reinstalled a fresh OS from scratch, but im not ready to give up
yet...

Basically the instrctions given for adding MSCHASv2 and MPPE encryption
are for old redhat 2.2 kernels.....Im sure things have changed since
then

Since Im using a 2.4 kernel do I still need to uupgrade my kernel to
anything and use the kernel sources and headers for anything like the
doc said for the 2.2 kernel?

Also I got an error message when trying to patch with the .diff file
some files were missing I suspect they werent there cause I'm using a
newer version of ppp (2.4.1).

Can someone point me in the right direction as far as a getting a 2.4
kernel set up as a poptop server with encryption?  Cause Im lost and the
reloading the os is getting frustrating...

Thanks,
Bo Byrd