[pptp-server] Total frustration - help pls!

Mikael Lönnroth mikael.lonnroth at advancevpn.com
Tue Mar 19 14:07:00 CST 2002

>From: "Örjan Johansson" <orjan at whyevenbother.com>
>Subject: [pptp-server] Total frustration - help pls!

Hi,

Since your frustration level is high, here's a quick link to some short
instructions that may be of some help:

http://www.advancevpn.com/en/download_other.html

>* After installing everything I notice there's no /etc/pptpd.conf file.
>I created it myself instead. Did my install fail, or is that as it
>should be?

At least I create the file myself every time. The bare minimum you need is a
localip and remoteip line.

>* Does pptpd make use, and start, pppd or should pppd be started also?
>Good scripts to autostart these?

pptpd starts pppd automatically, you just have to specify the right ppp
options in /etc/ppp/options

>* Any comprehensive docs out there? I noticed poptop seems to be moving
>to sourceforge, and I can't find any docs.

Search the pptpd archive for the FAQ address.

>* Anyone else out there who's gone through this recently? I want to set
>up a server that accepts Win2k pptp clients, but would also like to try
>out connecting two networks through two linux boxes.

Yes yes, it works brilliantly so keep at it :)

Kindly,
Mikael Lönnroth
gml at advancevpn.com