[pptp-server] Total frustration - help pls!

Bo Byrd byrdr at corp.earthlink.net
Tue Mar 19 14:00:12 CST 2002

I got mine running just a few days ago...I had to create /etc/pptpd.conf
and /ppp/options as well.
You don’t hgave to worry about pppd. I just use inittab to start pptpd
by the following:

s2:35:respawn:/usr/src/sbin/pptpd -f

Heres the links that got mine working:

http://www.advancevpn.com/en/download_other.html

http://jefe.org/Newschool/Projects/PPTP/newHOWTO-PoPToP.html

http://www.shorewall.net/PPTP.htm

If you want to connect a network behind a linux router to another
network behind another linux router then you will probably rather want
to use FreeSWAN.  It uses IPSec (SHA1/3DES) instead of MPPE-128 which is
RC-4 based.

Good luck (I guess I was lucky it tooke me a few recompiles and OS
reloads experimenting with both rh71 and mdk81 till I finally got it
right)

-Bo