[pptp-server] Is PoPToP dead?

Chris Tooley ctooley at amoa.org
Wed Mar 20 13:14:44 CST 2002

As you might well know, I took your kernel RPMs and integrated them with
the SGI XFS kernel RPMs submitted to that project by Simon Matter
<simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com>.  The only difference between your RPMs
and mine are the XFS support (which is a much larger patch to apply to
your kernel than the mppe patches were to apply to his, I took the path
of least resistence).  They are available at my site and I think Bojan
was going to e-mail the mirror maintainer (is that you Richard) at
mirror.binarix.com to see if you wanted those kernels.

I've also put a RedHat 7.2 HOWTO start on my site
(http://www.thetooleys.org/pptp/) and it's enough to get PoPToP or
pptp-client either one working.  I was very happy to see that the kernel
patches for mppe worked for both projects.

Let me know where to go from here.  I'd certainly like to see something
happen.  I'm probably in the minority, but I don't mind using
SourceForge at all.  There are some problems with it but the
infrastructure is there, and the price is right.

Chris Tooley