[pptp-server] linux pptp client

Frank Cusack fcusack at fcusack.com
Sun Mar 31 01:40:28 CST 2002

On Sat, Mar 30, 2002 at 12:16:59AM +0100, Francesco wrote:
> i have a poptop linux server working fine when connection from Window$
> clients; now i have to setup a linux client gateway with pptp in order to
> act as a tunnel router for the remote branch office.
>
> I would like to ask you two questions: what's the latest STABLE version and
> how can i configure the pptp command line connections; i have tried for some
> days in everyway but the server always gives me the "peer refuse to
> autenthicate" error...

It sounds like you are asking on the wrong mailing list.  Try visiting
pptpclient.sourceforge.net.

As for poptop, the latest and probably best version to use is 1.1.2.
As for what you are trying to do, pptp is IMO not a suitable method for
doing site-to-site tunnels.  You should investigate linux s/wan.  I would
also highly recommend getting a pair of cheap (<$500) netscreen 5xp boxes,
which is likely to be cheaper than the hardware cost of two linux gateways.

/fc