[pptp-server] 2.4.19-pre7 mppe problems

Alex King alex at morrison.king.net.nz
Fri May 3 04:24:42 CDT 2002

I have now found and loaded a MS DUN 1.4 update for win95, and loaded
that.

With the encryption settings relaxed it makes a connection, but with
"Require data encryption" ticked it craps out saying the erver is not
capable.

from the log now:
rcvd [CCP ConfReq id=0x1 <mppe +H -M +S +L +D +C> < 11 05 00 01 04>]
sent [CCP ConfRej id=0x1 <mppe +H -M +S +L +D +C> < 11 05 00 01 04>]

I've done a bit of reading and rfc3078 says:

The 'D' bit is obsolete; although some older peers may attempt
to negotiate this option, it SHOULD NOT be accepted.

So is Win95 incapable of using an up-to-date protocol, or is there some
other prblem?  I'm going to load a linux client on another machine and
test that.