[pptp-server] Help Please

Steven Evans steve at netwaynetworks.com.au
Sun May 5 08:21:39 CDT 2002

You need to turn on ip forwarding on your Linux box, then include an
ipchains/iptables rule on your Linux box to forward the traffic on.

I would use:

/sbin/ipchains -A forward -b -s 10.0.0.2/32 -d 0.0.0.0/0 -j ACCEPT
-b = bidirectional, I do it out of habit
-s = source (i.e. the vpn laptop)
-d = destination.  The example is to send it to everybody

that is if your Linux box is the default gateway of your other boxes, or
they remember a route to your laptop.  Otherwise they will not know how to
send traffic back to your laptop.  If that is the case, change ACCEPT to
MASQ whichwill masquerade your traffic.

Cheers,
Steve