[pptp-server] DNS via VPN link

aleksey zakharov aleksey_poptop at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 16 16:58:38 CDT 2002

Thanks allot, this worked when i inserted ms-dns xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx in /etc/ppp/options file (not pptpd.conf file)

However on the client side when I do ipconfig/all I still need to obtain "Connection-specific DNS Suffix" from my vpn server.

I inserted domain mydomainname but i don't get that mydomainname at the client side. (at this moment it is empty)  So I can only ping computername.mydomainname, and not simply computername

Any Sugestions.

Thanks

 Jason Staudenmayer wrote:in pptp.conf make an entry for ms-dns xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxThat should take care of the auto DNS for the pptp client -----Original Message-----