[Fwd: Re: [pptp-server] DNS suffix]

Vladimir Goncharov vgon at su29.ru
Thu Sep 19 22:57:58 CDT 2002

Hi, Aleksey
aleksey zakharov wrote:

> Hello, I am still having small problem with my local DNS via PPP link.
> my local hostnames are reachable only when I append a DNS suffix along
> a hostname. I would like PPTPD to provide me with dns suffix allong my
> other IP information automatically. I do have
>
> domain "mydomainname"
>
> entry in my /etc/ppp/options file but is not automatically passed onto
> the client.

 Obviously (I suppose that you use Linux client:), you need to modify
your /etc/resolv.conf file. I doubt that existing clients on Linux could do
it.Option domain "mydomainname" is used only for authentication purposes.
BTW, is it possible anyway? AFAIK, it is a DHCP feature, not PPCP.

WBR, Vladimir Goncharov