[pptp-server] ISDN connections from Compaq 4000 modem chassis

David Luyer luyer at ucs.uwa.edu.au
Fri Aug 6 00:30:30 CDT 1999

> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if any progress progress has been made adding support for
> incoming ISDN connections to PoPToP? I have a Compaq Microcom 4000 modem
> chassis which works using NT but all I have gotten is "message type 9 not
> supported" when using PoPToP.

This has been discussed in the past.  It is a lot deeper than adding "message
type 9" support.  I consider it a post-1.0 issue that I have some plans on how
to implement but will require major work.

The current PoPToP is a PAC (the server side of IP tunnelling is a PAC), you
want a PNS.  That's the first problem, but not too major, it just requires a
complete set of new functions to respond to different messages.

The second item is a bit more of a problem.  You need support for multiple
"calls" from the same source address.  This requires proper multiplexing
of the GRE channel, something which has been ignored so far, and a
restructuring of the way everything works, probably including the addition of
another binary.

David.