[pptp-server] Compress rejected

Nhan NGO DINH (OCIC Missionary Service) missions at ocic.org
Thu Dec 9 05:36:57 CST 1999

Hi,

Once established a PPTP link between two linux machines, the ppp device
comes up after two minutes (too slowly!)... I look in kernel messages, I get:
===
compress rejected: opt_len=17,o[0]=1a,o[1]=4
options are bad: 1a 4
===

I have:
PoPToP 1.0.0.
Linux PPTP client 1.0.2.
pppd 2.3.8 w/mppe patch.
ppp, bsd_comp, ppp_deflate, ppp_mppe modules loaded.

options file:
===
lock
debug
nodefaultroute
noipdefault
usehostname
auth
+chapms
+chapms-v2
mppe-40
===

I'm establishing the connection over a ppp link through the internet:
Linux1 --> PPP --> INTERNET <-- PPP <-- Linux2

Any idea? I have to say that all works well... But only authentication is
too slow (I don't know if the problem is authentication, may be the problem
are other steps before the ppp-device comes up).

Thanks.

---
Nhan NGO DINH (OCIC Missionary Service Technical Support)
e-mail: missions at ocic.org
web site: http://www.ocic.org/missions/index1.html