[pptp-server] Several Problems

Larry Gray larry at greenmotor.com
Thu Dec 9 07:05:36 CST 1999

Hello,
    I've got everything working, but sometimes it stops. I'm using PopTop on
Redhat 6.1 with DSL connection at one end, and the pptp Linux client on
Redhat 6.1 and a cable modem at the other end.
    Everything works fine for awhile. Then, I've noticed two things, on the
pptp client, pppd will disconnect. (unknown) is listed in the pppd.log file.
After this I cannot restart the client, I have to reboot.
    PopTop is more reliable, but about once a week, it starts writing to the
syslog in a loop, cpu usage goes through the roof. After killing this
process, I again cannot restart PopTop, and have to reboot.
    Has anyone else seen these problems?

Thanks in advance,
Larry Gray
larry at greenmotor.com