[pptp-server] pppd 2.3.10 and the ppp-2_3_10-openssl-norc4-mppe patch

Yan Seiner yan at cardinalengineering.com
Thu Dec 9 09:22:05 CST 1999

I am trying to patch pppd with the above patch.  I am getting a lot of
failures:

patching file `ppp-2.3.10/pppd/pppd.8'
Hunk #1 FAILED at 27.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 77.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 320.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 531.
Hunk #5 FAILED at 774.
Hunk #6 FAILED at 838.
Hunk #7 FAILED at 1195.
7 out of 7 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to ppp-2.3.10/pppd/pppd.8.rej

This happens to 17 files - in other words, most of the patches fail.  Is
this normal or did I get some bogus source somewhere?

Some spot checking of the files indicates that the patch code is not
included in the original code, and that the source code for 2.3.10 that
I have is somewhat different from what the patch is trying to patch.

Does anyone have a patched copy they can post somewhere?

--Yan

--

Think different
	ride a recumbent