[pptp-server] mppe_stateless.patch failure on ppp-2.2.10

Nate Carlson natecars at real-time.com
Mon Dec 13 15:09:03 CST 1999

On Sat, 11 Dec 1999, R. Joseph Villa., II wrote:

> Nate,
> Udaman! This worked great. I really appreciate the help. Now all I have to
> do is figure out how to get the encryption started and I'll be in business.
> Everything works fine as long as I don't try and force encryption from my 98
> client.
>
> Joe

Are you loading the ppp_mppe module? Try adding the following lines to
/etc/conf.modules to automagically load the proper modules when needed:

alias ppp-compress-1 off # This is Predictor-1, not yet supported
alias ppp-compress-21 bsd_comp
alias ppp-compress-24 ppp_deflate
alias ppp-compress-26 off
alias ppp-compress-18 ppp_mppe

(hint: if you see any 'Cannot find ppp-compress-XX module' errors in
/var/log/messages this is probably causing the problem.)

--
Nate Carlson <carlson at real-time.com>    | Phone : (612)943-8700