[pptp-server] Slightly off topic?

Brian Dupras bdupras at bigfoot.com
Thu Jun 3 17:29:02 CDT 1999

I guess I wasn't very descriptive about my problem.  :)

The ppp / pptp server is a vanila RH5.2 (kernel 2.0.36)
The clients are mixed Win98 and soon RH6

The clients are set t obtain IP info automatically.
The server is set to hand out 10.0.0.x for an IP and 255.255.255.0 as a netmask.

The problem is that the server seems to be ignoring the netmask setting and is
sending out 255.0.0.0 every time.  This happens when dial in via ppp, or when I
connect via pptp.

Server PPP version is 2.3.5-1
Server PPTP version is 0.8.6-1 from the rpm
Client currently is Win98 w/ PPTP