[pptp-server] Help

Tim Ott teott at innova.net
Wed Jun 9 23:20:02 CDT 1999

Maybe you can help me.  I am looking to set up a VPN Server that can
handle 5000 concurrent conections.  The information is not HTTP but
small packets of about 500-1k bytes with full 128 bit encryption needed
and talking to NT client.  Do you think that Linux could handle this.  I
am currently running NT Server with a limit of 255 concurrent VPN's
(meaning 20 boxes) and have been quoted ~ 27k per box for a tunneling
router that can handle 2000 VPN connections.  I would love to have
something a little more home grown.  Thanks.
-Tim Ott
tott at qs1.com