[pptp-server] Re: [pptp-server] PopTop and Wintel Connections

tmk tmk at netmagic.net
Tue Jun 22 18:14:41 CDT 1999

> myself (remote address). But when trying to connect to machines other then
> the pop-top machine and self all fails. From remote machines I can get to
> the local IP addresses. (poptop and regular ip's) but cannot get to the
> remote ip assigned to the connected caller. (Even when adding a host route
> on the machine to the local address on the poptop machine.)

If your client machine's IP is not in the same subnet as the server, IP
forwarding must be on in the kernel (echo "1" >
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward) to forward packets (ie route) and you might
have to enable proxyarp in a similar fashon. Be sure that the client
(remote) machine's IP is on the same subnet as the rest of the computers (i
usually set the local ip to the linux machine) if you use proxy arp.

Also check your firewalling rules just in case.

Kevin