[pptp-server] proxy-arp with PPTP

Eric Stratte estradey at pullman.com
Mon Nov 8 22:51:00 CST 1999

I think I might have answered my own question below, but it makes me wonder
what the difference between ARP routing rules and IPCHAINS is?

I had proxy_arp set to 1 for pppx, but the local eth0 that I am trying to
route over had its proxy_arp set to 0.  If I want to have the pppx and eth1
all appear on the same subnet and talk to each other, do I need proxy_arp
set to 1 for eth1?  Will this handle the broadcast packets, since the below
firewall rules don't seem to.(I added a forward rule for 192.168.5.255 to
pppx)

None of my gaming buddies are around to try this at the moment so I thought
I'd throw it up here.  If this is true, it might make a good FAQ topic,
although perhaps more appropriate for PPP.

Eric