[pptp-server] PPTP access for Entire Network

Larry Gray larry at greenmotor.com
Wed Nov 17 15:39:44 CST 1999

Hello,
    I've got a pptp server up and running and can access it from Windows
95/98 over the Internet. I've also got pptp access from my internal LAN
through a firewall to the pptp server on the Internet (Used VPN masquerading
HOWTO). Each client uses Microsoft's VPN adapter.
    However, only one user can reliably access the network the pptp server
is on. I'm using Redhat 6.1 at both ends, and according to the howto it
should work. Any suggestions?
    I'm also thinking about trying to use the Linux pptp client on the
remote firewall. Would this then allow the internal LAN to connect to the
external network without using the Microsoft VPN adapter? Is VPN
masquerading still required? Anybody done this?
    My other option is to use vpnd. Has anybody used this?

Thanks in Advance,
Larry Gray
larry at greenmotor.com