[pptp-server] problem using pptp ...

tmk tmk at netmagic.net
Wed Nov 24 19:15:56 CST 1999

> [root at vpn distant]# cd /usr/src/linux
> [root at vpn linux]# rmmod ppp
> [root at vpn linux]# insmod slhc
> /lib/modules/2.2.13-7mdk/net/slhc.o: a module named slhc already exists
> [root at vpn linux]# insmod ppp
> [root at vpn linux]# insmod bsd comp
> insmod: bsd: no module by that name found
> [root at vpn linux]# insmod ppp deflate

uh, it should be insmod bsd_comp and insmod ppp_deflate

> - is pppd invoqued by pptpd or it had to be launched at start up or by
inetd

pppd is automatically invoked by pptpd

> - pptpd have to be launched at the start up or by inetd ?
> - when i launched pptpd i have this message :
>
> No free connection slots or IPs available - no more client can connect !

you have not set up a configuration file. I recommend you read the faq on
the site and either pass command line arguments to the program or use a
configuration file (/etc/pptpd.conf i believe.. there is a sample one
included in the source tree)

Kevin

> Finally, when i connect to my vpn server with win95 (with DUN1.3) i have
>
> Error 629 : you have been disconnected from the computer you dialed ...
etc

i think fixing the above will solve this problem

Kevin