[pptp-server] options.ttySx?

Andrew Miklas amiklas at bigfoot.com
Thu Sep 2 22:46:33 CDT 1999

Hi all,

I have been trying to convince pppd to use seperate option files for ipx configuration, so that I may configure seperate IPX settings for each user.
However, it appears that PoPToP doesn't use real ttySx ports (at least on my system) to communicate with pppd.
Instead, it uses psudeo ports, which for me are /dev/pts/x.

How do I name my option files when ppp doesn't use real ports on my system?  I have tried things like ptyp0, and ttyp0, but nothing seems to work.
So, how can I get pppd to use different option files depending on what device it is connecting to (ie. /dev/pts/1, or /dev/pts/2, etc)

Thanks,

Andrew Miklas