[pptp-server] Config tools in the making

Martin McFlySr Martin at McFlySr.Kurgan.Ru
Mon Aug 7 23:30:06 CDT 2000

Hello Kenneth E. Lussier,

Tuesday, August 08, 2000, 8:03:28, you wrote:

KEL> below. Any suggestions or comments are more than welcome. All of
KEL> this is subject to files being in standard places (/etc,
KEL> /etc/ppp, /usr/src/linux). The one draw back is the init file.
PoPToP also using on FreeBSD, and in FreeBSD we have files in
/etc/ppp
/usr/src

KEL> Several systems use /etc/rc.d/init.d while others use /etc/rc.x.
/usr/local/etc/rc.d

KEL> Here is my vision:

KEL> INSTALLER:
KEL> Web-based configuration:

i think, must be two diffrent parts:

* installer;
* web-based admin tool.

KEL>      PPPD Config:
KEL> Authentication method
KEL> Add/remove users (dependant on auth method)
in ppp.secret must can add/change/remove line this format:
billy           bob             1.2.3.4

may be, you can include module for modify dhcpd config file?

thank you,

--
Tuesday, August 08, 2000,
10:23