[pptp-server] delay in accessing an nt domain

Geoff Nordli geoff at gnaa.net
Fri Jan 7 15:41:37 CST 2000

There is a program in the resource kit called browmon, which will
tell you who is the master browser.

The lmhosts file will definitely work on clients.

I guess the part that confuses me is what happens on a multi-homed
computer, which the client essentially becomes.  Is it the primary
interace that controls all browsing.

When you logon to the pptp system.  You computer doesn't get registered
with the wins server.  In order for the client to compile a list of
servers it would need to become a master browser, since it is the only
client on that subnet.  The pptp server doesn't do any broadcasting,
and browser elections are based on broadcast traffic.

What do you think?

geoff