[pptp-server] a couple questions(mppe patches,etc)

Stacy Lindberg grebdnil at cheetah.spots.ab.ca
Wed Jan 19 18:11:27 CST 2000

Hi and SORRY about the confirm message earlier!! :/

Anyways, I was having a problem with the mppe patches to ppp-2.3.10 but
that turned out to be an issue with downloading them with netscape(munging
data). Now I've just got a couple questions/issues.

First of all here's what I have:

Slackware 7.0.0
kernel 2.2.14
pppd-2.3.10
pptpd-1.0.0
SSLeay-0.6.6b
ppp-2.3.10-openssl-norc4-mppe.patch
mppe_stateless.diff

Can anyone send me a mppe_stateless patch that works?  Or at least tell me
what exactly I need to modify?

In the process of doing a "make kernel" from the patched ppp-2.3.10
source, the kinstall.sh script complains that it
"Could not find source file rc4_skey.c !"
Then after you build the kernel, and try to "make modules", it fails
complaining it can't find the above file.

I traced it down to removing line 68 from ppp_mppe.c b/c rc4_skey.c would
appear to be included in the rc4.h and is no longer needed.  Am I correct
in coming to this conclusion?

Any and all help would be appreciated!

Cheers,
Stacy

P.S.  setting pptp has been a breeze otherwise...