[pptp-server] VPN for WinBlows-

Samuel Gonzalez, Jr. sam at linuxtec.com
Tue Jul 11 17:45:29 CDT 2000

Yeah I will agree that browsing is a "privilege" not a right.  I have made it
work with VPND, NT and Samba across 3 different subnets, workgroups, or domains
if you will. I am implying that PPTP would do the same thing as VPND and simply
provide a virtual pipe for connecting the networks together.  My experience
with  PPTP says that it will (the limited amout that it is).   I used two
different wins servers on different subnets and had all clients use them.
Played around with browse master and domain master settings on my Linux boxes.
I didn't just make up how to do it though, I read John D. Blair's "Integrating
Unix and Windows."  I learned more about windows networking in that book than
in any mcse class.   In any case, I believe I could make it work with PPTP if
someone paid me to.  Don't get me wrong, it may but will most likely not be a
walk in and walk out job, heck I sold the project described up above before I
knew how to do it.  Then again I could just be lucky......