[pptp-server] pptp client and (SAMBA or NFS) again

Kenneth E. Lussier kenlussier at mediaone.net
Thu Jul 27 17:56:09 CDT 2000

I can't speak toward the samba issue, since I try to avoid the
SMB protocol for security reasons, but I have a good idea why NFS
won't give you the mounts. NFS, no matter what you *THINK* you
told it to do, will try to do a reverse lookup on the requesting
IP address. What you need to do is assign static IP's to the
remote pptp clients and assign hostnames to the IP's in DNS.

FYI,
Kenny