[pptp-server] pptp client and (SAMBA or NFS) again

Dave Morse svref at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 31 13:37:37 CDT 2000

Hi,
Still haven't found a solution to the below problem.  Any advice you can
give would be <greatly> appreciated.

My goal is to mount my employer's disks using either NFS or Samba, doesn't
matter to me which one.  In addition to the details about how they don't
work (cited below), perhaps its instructive to tell you that ftp also
doesn't work, but fails in a suggestive way:

I can log in to a ftp server on the other side of the connection, but when
I type "ls", it says:

  200 PORT command successful.
  150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for '/bin/ls'.
  [minutes pass]
  netin: Connection reset by peer
  226 Transfer complete.

What this says to me is that somehow the creation of TCP ports from
server-side back to client side isn't being done correctly.  Maybe this
gives you an idea??

Kenny's suggestion of using static IP has been implemented, but that
doesn't seem to be the only thing holding back nfs.