[pptp-server] Browsing the network, Logging on to NT domain.

Vanja Hrustic vanja at relaygroup.com
Tue Jun 13 18:23:42 CDT 2000

Shahid Mahmood wrote:

> Hello all.
> Please tell me what is stopping me from logging on to local NT domain and
> browsing local shares when i connect using the poptop.

Hi!

I presume that you have turned on the 'Client for Windows Network' (or
whatever it's called) in your VPN properties. If so, then you should be
able to browse the network (assuming that there are no firewall rules
that block NetBIOS traffic and similar).

Also, make sure that WINS server is specified (you can specify WINS in
/etc/ppp/options, and it will be 'pushed' to Windows client).

Then, connect to PoPToP server, and take a nap :)

When you wake up, you should be able to see other computers in the
network. It does take some time for list to get updated both on your
computer, and other computers in the network.

Regards,

Vanja Hrustic
The Relay Group
http://relaygroup.com