[pptp-server] Semi-advanced Routing

Thomas Koschate koschate at bigfoot.com
Tue Mar 21 09:03:42 CST 2000

I've almost gotten everything in our VPN setup working, with just a couple
of minor things to smooth out that I hope someone can advise me on.  At
present, I have two private networks (172.16.0.0/24 and 192.168.10.0/24)
connected via a tunnel.  The routing and permissions on each network are
set up such at all machines on each network can see each other.  The
gateway box 192.168.10.254 is set up as a PPTPD server, and users from the
outside world can use PPTP to connect to the 192.168.10.0/24 network and
see all the machines on the net.  If they _manually_ add an appropriate
route ("route add 172.16.0.0 mask 255.255.255.0 192.168.10.254"), they can
also access the 172.16.0.0/24 network.

The question is, is there a way of assigning that route as part of the PPTP
login?  I'd rather not have those Windoze users have to do anything too
complex, particularly since there will ultimately be a third private
network involved, and I want them to be able to dial into any of the three
nets, just in case one of them is down.
Thomas Koschate
koschate at bigfoot.com

For PGP Key, see
http://keys.pgp.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xF45280AD
"Here's a good trick: Get a job as a judge at the Olympics. Then, if some
guy sets a world record, pretend that you didn't see it and go, "Okay, is
everybody ready to start now?""

     Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts from Saturday Night Live