[pptp-server] Re: GRE prob

linux at orgx.co.nz linux at orgx.co.nz
Wed May 10 13:28:25 CDT 2000

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the suggestion, but this is the strange thing:  There is no
firewall on this machine, it is simply a test machine sitting on a LAN.
The Win98 box is on the same LAN.  So for example I get:

root at bts:~# ipchains -L
Chain input (policy ACCEPT):
Chain forward (policy ACCEPT):
Chain output (policy ACCEPT):

which means nothing is blocked right?  Also I do have packet forwarding
turned on:

root at bts:~# cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
1

I am trying to demonstrate how this works to my boss as a
"proof-of-concept", so that it may eventually get used on a real firewall.
 Any more are welcome!

Cheers,

Richard Shepherd

"Michael Barsalou" <barjunk at attglobal.net>