[pptp-server] unresolved symbol(s)

Shane Boulter sboulter at ariasolutions.com
Fri May 12 10:44:12 CDT 2000

Hello All

I've been trying to setup PoPToP now for a while.  I started reading the
redhat-howto on the PoPToP homepage and got it working without any problems
without using encryption.  The next step was to implement the encryption.
So I continued on reading the document and following the steps carefully.
When I did a 'make modules SUBDIRS=drivers/net' I got an error about a
missing header file.  So I tracked down the header file and put it in the
proper directory.  After doing that the make was successful.  The problem I
have now ran into is right at the end of the howto in the command 'depmod
-a'.  When I run this command I get the following error:

/lib/modules/2.2.12-20/net/ppp_mppe.o: unresolved symbol(s)

Not to descriptive and I'm not sure where to start to be able to fix this
problem.  Any help would be appreciated.

Shane

BTW: I am using RedHat v6.1.