[pptp-server] Working with Win2k

Dean Cogger cogger at technologist.com
Sun Oct 1 03:36:35 CDT 2000

Hi all,

I have not bee a member of this list for very long, so please tell m eif Im asking questions answered else where... Im not here to waste your time.

What my question really is about is getting this working with Windows 2000 Server, I am connecting from a home PC running Windows 2000 professional and have sorted by myself problems with routing, not being able to ping etc, and my Linux background helped with this.

As I do not consider myself a Windows 2000 expert, I have decided to ask for everyones help to get my problems solved in that end of the world : ).

What I am wanting to know about is getting Network Neibourhood etc up and running, but Im not sure if it is quite as straight ford as I have thought, as Windows 2000 takes over with its implimentation of DNS and WINS, and I am unsure if I can replace these with Samba versions, without breaking anything.

Any help, and working examples would be very helpful. If you want I can give you additional information about my setup etc, but I wont put it in this inital message as it is already long enough. =)

Thanking you in advance
Dean