[pptp-server] Unresolved symbols ppp_mppe.o

Richard E Blauvelt richard at blauvelt.com
Thu Sep 7 23:34:16 CDT 2000

I had a similar problem, and finally got things to work by
following some advice in this list about a month ago. Take
a look at the August 2000 archives at:

http://lists.schulte.org/pipermail/pptp-server/2000-August/thread.html

and look for several messages with this subject:

    [pptp-server] compiling ppp-2.3.10-openssl-norc-mppe.patch

A few of those messages have some suggested changes to the
HOWTO instructions.

As per those messages, if your problem is similar, then you
will have to ignore the instruction in the HOWTO which tells
you to "... delete the reference to rc4_skey.c in
/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/ppp-2.3.10/linux/ppp_mppe.c "
For me, this reference was needed, contrary to the HOWTO.

Good luck,

Richard