[pptp-server] routing

Kenny Austin kennya at carlislefsp.com
Thu Sep 28 11:17:22 CDT 2000

As Christ Carella said, make sure that /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward is
set to 1.  Redhat also has a value for forwarding in another file,
something like /etc/sysconf/network that needs to be set to 1.
Anyways, what is probably the really problem is that your 10.10.10.0
networks doesn't know the route to your 192.168.0.0 (vpn) network.
The ping is probably getting to the intranet, it is just that they
try sending the reply back through their default gateway, which is
more then likely off ot the internet or some other places that has no
clue where 192.168.0.0 is.  The best way to fix this would be to add
a route statement to your default router that says the network
192.168.0.0 is accessible via 10.10.10.26.
Or, if i understand proxyarp correctly, you could assign your vpn
clients addresses on the same subnet as your intranet, and with proxyarp
on, the vpn server would proxy the vpn clients arp address/ip address to
itself, thus receiving the packets itself and passing them on to the correct
vpn client... if you go with the first suggest (what you are doing now/what
i prefer myself), which is having all of the vpn clients on their own
subnet,
you can disable the proxyarp option.
I hope i have actually be helpful, let me know if there is anything else i
can do.
Kenny Austin
kennya at carlislefsp.com