[pptp-server] Win2k will not make pptp connection outside rou ter Help needed

Giulio Orsero giulioo at pobox.com
Fri Apr 6 02:04:10 CDT 2001

On Thu, 5 Apr 2001 22:12:57 -0500, you wrote:

>Sorry for the confusion. I should have stuck with Netgears terminology.
>Masqueraded PPTP support is more of a linux term. If you followed the
>instructions on Netgears website. i.e. Map port 1723 to the internal ip of
>your PPTP server, then the RT-314 is setup correctly. Thats all I did.

I'm interested in this because we are searching for a router which can do
hdsl/v35 and masq pptp. I had a lot of emails with cyclades tech supp for pr1000
but could not get a definitive answer. So now we are looking at cyclades pc300
card (to use in an lrp box) or setting up a lrp box to do masq pptp behind a
generic hdsl router. We don't want to spend big money on this router.

Out of curiosity I searched the netgear site, not good, so I went
http://www.zyxel.com/doc/p314/app/pptp.htm (I understand zyxel and netgear are
relatives??)

They talk about 1723, but not protocol 47. how do they handle masq/forwarding of
p47?

Thanks

giulioo at pobox.com