[pptp-server] speed

joe ditto jditto at woh.rr.com
Sun Dec 9 21:39:00 CST 2001

also i have a router separating my server from the internet.  server is connected directly to my isp across the street on a cat5 cable and the client is on a roadrunner cable modem connection.  by manually setting doing a ping from my client to the remote router (ping 1.2.3.4 -f -l 1472)  i get no fragmentation.  can fragmentation cause this much trouble in terms of performance.  and by changing the mtu and mru values in the /ppp/options affect the pptp connection between client and server or is their something else i have to look at.  looking through regedit on the windows machine i noticed 3 string values called automatic, large, medium, small set to 0,1500, 1000, 576  in several keys referencing network connections.
the more i get into this the more frustrated i get.  can someone please help me with fine tuning my connection.

I humbly Thank you