[pptp-server] Redhat 6.2 compilation problems

Dread Boy dreadboy at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 7 01:50:39 CST 2001

I've followed every single HOWTO on compiling the MS-CHAP authentication
into my kernel.  I've downloaded the source code & patches from exactly
where all of the HOWTOs state, but still I am having major trouble.  =(

PoPToP HOWTO's I've tried:

- 19991104 - Matthew Ramsay
- 20000503 - Mike Barsalou
- 20001005 - Mike Barsalou
- "Example PPTPD Configuration" - www.vibres.com/pptpd/example.html

Man, I have a mountain of paper here, but no luck after 80 hours of waiting
with a grin-on that quickly turns to a sha-grin after compilation fails once
again.

I can never seem to compile the ppp.o, ppp_mppe.o, ppp_deflate.o,
bsd_comp.o, slhc.o, etc, etc. under RedHat 6.2.  Always get "Unresolved
symbols in modules xxxxxx.o" after doing a "depmod -a".  Also, everyone in
the mailing list seems to have kernel 2.2.16, whereas my version of RedHat
6.2 has a default of 2.2.14 in it.  Not sure what that's all about.

Does anyone have an easy solution for this?  I would figure that just
tossing the above object modules into /lib/modules/kern_vers/net would be
enough.  Is this true?  And if so, does anyone have them for 2.2.14?